Tuesday 27 July 2010

* mind games *

July 23rd 2010

Two afternoons ago, I cooked chicken rice and kakak had settled little B into her chair with a bowl of rice and chicken with black sauce in front of her. After dishing out soups into separate bowls I sat down in front of little B's chair to eat. She was busy tucking in her rice on her own.

I got up to grab some chillie sauce from the fridge and watched from the corner of my eye the way she voraciously ate. Thinking she may choke, I moved her soup bowl next to her rice bowl. Biggest mistake because she's super crazy for soup and soon she was digging into it and her rice forgotten.

Me: " B, eat your rice... "

Slurrrp....! was all I got.

Me : " B..... eat your rice ar.... " and once again I was ignored.

So....brain multi tasking as I beat myself inside for stupidly placing the soup in front of her before she was halfway through her rice; figuring how to convince her to eat her rice before she finished her soup; planning S's and E's portions for later.

I started with the latter...E's chicken portion I had already set aside and looking at the plate of vegetables,

Me : " is there enough vege for both E and S? "

Kakak : "mmm....can lah "

As E comes only in the evening, I try not to give her lunch vegetables too often, preferring to cook fresh when she gets in.

Me : "Give S all of this vege. We can fry a bit later for E when she gets back."

Kakak : "ok"

Me : "oh wait....the soup has vege right?"

"ya.... got vege..." slurrp!

Kakak and I both turned and looked at little B. She was busy trying to disengage a piece of veggie on her soup spoon into her mouth!
The little rascal had been listening to our conversation the whole time!

Kakak : " B...the soup nice or not? "

Big double nod before her head dipped into her soup bowl again.
Mmm....... winking at kakak, I started to make a big show of spooning my rice and chicken into my mouth, making delighted yummy sighs....

Me : " wah...kakak, the rice today.... is so nice! Mmm.... and the chicken with it...sooo....good! "

Kakak : " ya.....very good!"

So with spoons clinking slightly louder than usual against our plates we 'mmm...' and 'yummed' as we ate our rice, one eye watching little B as she still continued drinking her soup with gusto. 

A minute later, her little left hand pulled her rice bowl closer to her soup bowl and little B was soon eating her rice! ;)

Turning towards her, " Rice is good right B? "

B : "Mmm...." she nodded. 

She finished her soup and almost all of her rice because she finished my soup as well! Soup crazy baby remember? :)

Moral of the story...... some days mind games can get the good going.

Cheers! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment