Tuesday 11 May 2010

* ee oi *

Two days ago, little B and I were getting ready for her afternoon nap. After putting on her longs she asked for her pacifier which she needs to sleep. Then it was a series of nursery rhymes we sang together but she was not sleepy yet and so ensued this little ten minutes conversation....


B : Nanny, ee oi.


Me : What? Ee oi??


B : Ya....


Me : What's ee oi??


B : Ee oi. Ee oi! (pointing at the door)


Me : What is it girl? Is it Eeyore? You wanna watch Pooh video??


B : Noo..... Ee oi! Ee oi!!! ( pointing at the door again , her little voice slightly raised and feet kicking out once)


Me : Stop that (pointing at her feet). Ask me nicely.


B : Nanny, may I have....ee oi please? (sweetly)


Me : Ee oi??? I don't understand. Take out your cici (pacifier) and talk to me properly.


B shifts the cici to the side of her mouth, gestures frantically towards the door whilst kicking harder....


B : Ee oi! Wo yau ee oi!!! Kakak!!! (translation - I want ee oi!!! in mandarin. Kakak - big sister in Malay, commonly used here by children to 'respectfully' call the maid)


And so B went into hysterics shouting for kakak and ee oi in between points and kicks!


Me : Kakak! ( Kakak comes in.)

Me : Ok B, stop that and tell kakak what it is you want.


Kakak : What you want B?


B : Ee oi! (almost in tears by now)


Kakak : huh?! What is that? (looking at me)


Me : I dunno. I tot you would know!


B : EE OI!! EE OI!!


Crying now, frustrated at these two imbeciles not comprehending her simple request!


Me : OK OK! Stop it! Stop kicking!


B stops and looks at me as I sat up, hands outstretched to pick her up.


Me : I suppose this ee oi is outside so you show me what it is ok?


B nods her head vigorously and falls into my arms, teary eyes and busy cici working at 20 mph. ;P


As we walked out of the room, she points to walk straight and then round the side of the kitchen table towards the shelves.


B : There....ee oi! (pointing at the containers on the shelf)


Then it hits us as kakak and I simultaneously said, 
" Oh......fish oil!! "
Hahahahahaha!!!


I had started giving her the whole capsule to chew on instead of squeezing the oil as we used to and she loves it. So of course I told her it was not a sweet and it is only one a day which she already had in the morning!


So I gave her half a gummy sweet and we went back to bed.  Then ensued the next arguement a few seconds later....


B smiling at me : Nanny, may I... have... some more please?


Me : Some more? Sweet?? NO! Go to sleep!!


B : Nanny.... some more!


Me : No, enough. Sleep.....


And so it went on for another minute more till she realised she was getting nowhere with me and her cici started going at 80mph before she zzz............. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment