Wednesday 16 June 2010

* lum-lum *

Kids say the darndest things they say and with B, she has the uncanny mind of saying something so simple that stupifies you for a simple split second and yet you find it makes sense...to her and the unaware adult.

One afternoon whilst settling B for her nap, I could hear E having a screaming arguement with kakak in the other room down the hall.
So I told B, ' Stay here ' and went to investigate.

E was in the midst of whining loudly in a fiery temper at kakak for forgetting to bring along her lum-lum ( think direct translation is hug hug and it is her bolster! ).

Naturally, nanny's presence silenced her  just before she went into a tearful complaint of her loss which would affect her falling into sleep. I told her off for at first trying to strike at kakak in her anger and then at her frustrated attempts at hurting herself instead since she knows she cannot do the former.

I explained to her that her lum-lum is also her responsibility and she ought to check herself to make sure it's brought along.

Then I said, ' Now say sorry to kakak for hitting her and go to sleep '.

Looking at me begrudgingly, she did as told. She seemed so forlorn settling into bed. Her lum-lum is her zzz drug.

Back with B I asked her, ' B, cheah-cheah forgot her lum-lum. Can you lend her one of yours please? '

B : 'Cannot.....'

Me : ' Why cannot? Can lah...only for today...... '

B : ' Can..not... ' shaking her head side to side at the same time. Her cici ( pacifier ) going 50mph as she listened to what I said next...

Me : ' Can lah.... E cheah cheah you know... share share lah..... '

B gives me a straight face, cici tossed to the left side of her mouth and replied, ' Can...not...... Too small.... '

Can you forgive me for laughing so hard after that?

I rest my case. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment