Saturday 26 June 2010

* pink ar ...*

This afternoon, having dried off little B after a shower I proceeded to dress her in a pretty lime green sundress. She ducked me as I attempted to place it over her head and scrambled away...

" I don't want.... " she started.
" What don't you want? " I asked.
" I don't want .....(not comprehensible word) green..." she replied.
" Green? You don't want to wear this dress? " I asked her this time.
" Ya....don't want green.... " she answered.
" Mmm.... ok...." I said in a serious tone and holding her gently I asked, " So what would you like to wear then? "

She walked to the cupboard happily, gestured towards the doors as I follwed behind her delighted, " Here! Here ar..... ".

I opened the door and she turned around excitedly at me shouting, "Pink ar...".

She cocked her head sideways as she cheekily smiled at me, hand pointed inwards into the cupboard. Picking up a fuschia pink shirt with a baby Minnie Mouse on it...

" This ar....pink! Minnie mouse ya..." waving the shirt at me.

I pretended to poke about in the cupboard looking for a matching bottom, " no lah... not that one...".

She looked at me, paused, thought and turned 360 out of the room. Naked except for a fuschia pink baby Minnie mouse shirt clutched in her hand.... she comes back a minute later wearing the shirt, pleased with herself she got kakak to put it on for her despite my said no. ;P

With a huge smile she happily stepped into her pink skirt.
Mmm.... seems like she won. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment